Download & Install TWRP on Sony Xperia XA2 Custom ROM
Download & Install TWRP on Sony Xperia XA2:- Folks, as we know, Sony has a lot of proprietary apps that come preloaded with the Xperia smartphones. Although most of these apps provide different functionality that makes the Xperia devices unique, they also make the devices slow over time. Moreover, most of the Sony Xperia users never usually use all of the preloaded apps. To get rid of these, you can either remove this bloatware or even try entirely new custom ROMs and mods. To do all these, the first thing you need to do is to install TWRP on Sony Xperia XA2.
For this purpose, we have brought for you the new TWRP on Sony Xperia XA2. Coming to the device specifications, the Sony Xperia XA2 is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 processor coupled with 3GB RAM. It boasts a 5.2-inch Full HD display with 16:9 aspect ratio. The camera feature also has an impressive 23 MP sensor at the rear and an 8 MP sensor on the front. This device runs on Android 8.0 Oreo OS out-of-the-box and now you can update to the latest versions using the custom ROM TWRP on Sony Xperia XA2.
Latest TWRP for Sony Xperia XA2 Update:-
TWRP recovery on Sony Xperia XA2 is a custom touch-based recovery which is loaded on a special partition on your device. The recovery partition runs parallel to the Android OS and can be accessed by booting into the recovery mode. Therefore, even when your device got corrupted or locked out of it, you can simply go into the TWRP recovery. There are a plenty of hacks and scripts that will perform various functions. To name some, you can bypass a locked Android screen, remove bloatware using flashable scripts, flash custom ROMs and mods.
Another important feature is the ability to take Nandroid backups. A Nandroid backup is a kind of complete backup of your Android OS phone, almost like the snapshot of your entire device at a particular instant. Therefore, if anything goes wrong while you’re flashing the new custom ROMs or doing any advanced stuff, you can simply restore your device to an earlier point. Sony Xperia XA2 has the official support for TWRP, so you will have a stable custom recovery with regular updates. So, without any further delay, let’s see how to download & install TWRP on Sony Xperia XA2 smartphone.
Prerequisites for TWRP on Sony Xperia XA2:-
- This guide is, particularly for the Sony Xperia XA2 model. Don’t try this on any other phone.
- Charge your phone at least 90%, so that it doesn’t go dead during the installation process.
- You should have a backup of all your call logs, contacts and SMS messages. Also, take a backup of your media content. This is important since unlocking the bootloader will completely clean your phone with the new custom ROM.
- Enable OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging mode on your Sony Xperia XA2 device.
- Use the OEM data cable to connect your Sony Xperia XA2 to your PC.
- Unlock your bootloader, which you will get here further in this post.
Download TWRP on Sony Xperia XA2
- Download & install Minimal ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC.
- Download the latest TWRP image file from here. Rename this file to recovery.img and copy it to the ADB and Fastboot folder.
How to Install TWRP on Sony Xperia XA2
- Navigate to the folder where you have downloaded & installed ADB and fastboot files on your computer.
- Connect your Sony Xperia XA2 device to the PC using a USB cable, to complete the installation of TWRP on Sony Xperia XA2 custom ROM.
- Now, open a command prompt window from the ADB and Fastboot folder [Press shift key + right-click on any blank space of the folder] and then select “Open command window here” from the context menu.
- So now type-in and execute the below command to reboot to bootloader.
adb reboot bootloader
- Make sure the “recovery.img” file is in the fastboot folder and executes the below command to flash it on your device.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- It will take a couple of seconds for the TWRP recovery image to flash TWRP on Sony Xperia XA2.
- Once the flashing process is complete, you can simply reboot the device.
This is how you can easily Download & Install TWRP on Sony Xperia XA2 device. For any queries, you can ask us here in the comments section below.